Call +1 (858) 947-0128
Quick Facts on Commonly known benefits of Carrot Seed Oil
The biggest advantage of carrot seed oil is that it is one of the few oils that can be applied onto the skin with almond oil.
- Very small qty can be ingested on a for cleansing the liver.
- Inhaling carrot seed oil provides a feeling of calmness.
- The essential oil of carrot seed relaxes and soothes blood vessels. This reduces hypertension and blood pressure in heart patients.
- The oil is an excellent blood purifier. It removes energy blocks, allows free flow of energy, improves vision, and detoxifies the liver.
- Carrot seed oil works wonders when applied on skin. It treats skin conditions such as eczema, ulcers, weeping sores, psoriasis, acne, deals well with fine lines and wrinkles thereby nourishing the skin.
- The oil is a potent antioxidant. It removes harmful free radicals from the body thereby reduces the pace of aging.
- It acts as a powerful disinfectant by curing infections of stomach, bladder, mouth, intestine, and throat.
- The oil’s antiviral properties relieve symptoms of viral afflictions such as influenza and cold sores.
- The presence of vitamin A and beta carotenoids reduce the effects of ultra-violet rays thus preventing skin cancer.
- The therapeutic properties of the oil are carminative, diuretic, hepatic, stimulant, tonic, vermifuge, and depurative.
- Carrot seed oil strengthens mucous membranes thereby alleviating arthritis, rheumatism, and gout.
- It boosts the overall respiratory system in vapor therapy. Further, it improves the production of red blood cells when massaged onto the skin.
- It can also be used as an anti-depressant. Its powerful aroma relieves stress and anxiety.
- The November-December edition of journal “Z Naturforsch C” reported that the carotol in carrot seed oil inhibits fungal growth.
- Used along with other essential oils to make perfumes.
- The oil is considered a top most salad requirement.
- It is used as a base in lotions and creams.
- The oil is widely used in facial massages, body massages, facial cleansers, and facial masks.
Botanical Name: Daucus carota
Family Name: Apiaceae
Common Name: Wild Carrot seed
Part used: Seeds
Specific Gravity: 0.9400 to 0.9600 at 20˚C
Optical Rotation: +15˚ to +30˚
Refractive Index: 1.4900 to 1.5000 at 20˚C
Blends Well With: Lime, Sandalwood, Lavender
Uses: Fairness Creams, It relieves acidity and gas. This oil is an excellent blood purifier.
Countries where it’s found
Carrot seed is cultivated in central Asia and Middle-Eastern countries.
The plant is biennial in nature and is harvested usually after a year. The seeds are best harvested during the second summer. Allow the carrot seed umbels to ripen and dry before harvesting.
History of the Plant
The plant originated in England during the popular rule of Queen Anne and hence is also known as “Queen Anne’s Lace”. The name is derived from Greek “carotos”. The plant has been around the Middle East and Europe for centuries. Ancient Romans and Greeks were well aware of the plants medicinal properties. The flower was brought to America by English settlers.
Carrot seed oil is extracted by steam distillation of the dried seeds with a sweet, earthy aroma.